Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT) trigger distribution in Intercom Inbox
This article will show you how to start measuring Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT) via triggers - automated emails after a conversation is resolved - in your Intercom account.
In this article
NOTE: every step is the article is the same for CSAT, NPS and CES
Connecting Intercom with Nicereply
1. Choose the CSAT metric in the “left menu” in your Nicereply account. Click on START CSAT. If you do not see the START CSAT button click on CSAT - Surveys - ADD SURVEY
2. From distribution options choose TRIGGER
3. You’re on the app directory page now, click on Intercom icon
4. In the next step add your Intercom App ID. To get your app ID go to your Intercom account. Then click Settings > App settings > API keys. You can also easily get you APP id from any page you have open in Intercom. It's the code that comes after apps/ in the URL. So for this example app, if we check the URL we can see that the app ID is e8y21262.
Hit Connect and continue to activate your agents in the next step.
You will be redirected to your Intercom account. Then click authorize access.
5. Add your user from Intercom to Nicereply by clicking Continue. New users will get an automated email with login instructions from us.
Trigger activation in Intercom
6. You’re on the good way! The CSAT trigger is waiting for for activation.
7. You can manage the trigger behaviour in “Trigger settings”. When you’re ready hit the “active trigger” button.
Nicereply will utilise your existing integration with Intercom and the workflow is follows:
1. After CSAT trigger activation Nicereply will start scanning the status of your conversations on a regular basis.
2. Nicereply will send the CSAT survey to the conversation requestor for all conversations created via Email channel, with status closed and without conversation update for 48 hours (by default).
3. Nicereply will collect the CSAT ratings and comments and push it to Intercom as a note.