CSAT/CES/NPS email template distribution in Zendesk
At this point you should be already decided about the customer satisfaction metric you are planning to use and the distribution channel, which is “email template” in this case. Every step is the article is the same for CSAT, NPS and CES. Manual will show you steps with CSAT example.
In this article
NOTE: every step is the article is the same for CSAT, NPS and CES
Connecting Zendesk with Nicereply
1. Choose the customer satisfaction metric in the “left menu” in your Nicereply account, CSAT, NPS or CES. Click on “START CSAT”.
2. From distribution options choose “EMAIL TEMPLATE”
3. You’re on the app directory page now, click on Zendesk icon
4. In the next step add your Zendesk URL, (e.g. acme.zendesk.com) and your Zendesk credentials (Email & Token)
To get your Zendesk API token:
a. Go to your Zendesk Admin > API
b. If disabled, enable the "Token Access" option
c. Click on "+ (add new token)" link and use API token description “Nicereply” to create a new token
d. Copy the API token (a long string of mixed chars & numbers) to your clipboard and hit “save”
e. Go back to Nicereply integration and Paste the Zendesk API token
Hit Connect and continue to activate your agents in the next step.
5. Add your user from Zendesk to Nicereply. New users will get an automated email with login instructions from us.
Adding email template to Zendesk
6. You're on the good way! To collect customer feedback, you need to place CSAT (smiley faces) into your Zendesk email templates. Now, Copy the CSAT code.
7. As a next step we will update your Zendesk Trigger template. Go to Zendesk > Admin> Triggers and edit "Notify requester of comment update" trigger:
8. Paste the CSAT code from clipboard into trigger email body. Your trigger template should then look like this:
Don’t forget to save your changes on trigger by clicking the Save button, and Confirm setup completion in Nicereply.
Your email templates will now contain CSAT code (smiley faces) and all collected ratings will be stored in Nicereply under CSAT tab.
And are pushed into your Zendesk ticket