At this point you should be already decided about the customer satisfaction metric you are planning to use and the distribution channel, which is “email template” in this case. Every step is the article is the same for CSAT, NPS and CES. Manual will show you steps with CSAT example.
In this article
NOTE: every step is the article is the same for CSAT, NPS and CES
Connecting Help Scout with Nicereply
1. Choose the customer satisfaction metric in the “left menu” in your Nicereply account, CSAT, NPS or CES. Click on “START CSAT”.
2. From distribution options choose “EMAIL TEMPLATE”.
3. You’re on the app directory page now, click on Help Scout icon.
4. You'll need your Help Scout API Key to get started. Head over to your profile page in Help Scout and click on Manage > Users > Choose user > Authentication tab located on the left-hand sidebar. Click on the blue Generate an API Key button.
Copy your new API key to the clipboard and tab over to Nicereply. Then click Connect and Continue.
5. Add your user from Help Scout to Nicereply. New users will get an automated email with login instructions from us. Then click “CONTINUE”.
Adding email template to Help Scout
6. You're on the good way! To collect customer feedback, you need to place CSAT (smiley faces) into your Help Scout email templates.
7. Copy smiley faces code from Nicereply account. Head back to Help Scout to install the Nicereply app and drop in your Nicereply company URL. Click on Manage>Apps>Nicereply.
8. Insert your company URL and choose rating placement. If you don't know the URL off the top of your head, check out the Settings → Company / Account settings page in Nicereply. Switch to HTML in Rating text, then paste smiley faces code into Rating Text.
9. When you´re done click Save. Go back to your Nicereply account and click Finish Setup.
Your email templates will now contain CSAT code (smiley faces) and all collected ratings will be stored in Nicereply under CSAT tab.
And are pushed into your Help Scout ticket: