At this point you should be already decided about the customer satisfaction metric you're planning to use and the distribution channel, which is “trigger” in this case. Every step is the article is the same for CSAT, NPS and CES. Manual will show you steps with CSAT example.
In this article
NOTE: every step is the article is the same for CSAT, NPS and CES
Connecting Zendesk with Nicereply
1. Choose the customer satisfaction metric in the “left menu” in your Nicereply account, CSAT, NPS or CES. Click on “START CSAT/ START CES/START NPS”.
2. From distribution options choose “TRIGGER”
3. You’re on the app directory page now, click on Zendesk icon
4. In the next step add your Zendesk URL, (e.g. acme.zendesk.com) and your Zendesk credentials (login & password)
In some cases Zendesk doesn’t allow you to use your login & password. Don’t worry. You can still integrate with a Zendesk API token:
a. Go to your Zendesk Settings > Channels > API
b. If disabled, enable the "Token Access" option
c. Click on "+ (add new token)" link and use API token description “Nicereply” to create a new token
d. Copy the API token (a long string of mixed chars & numbers) to your clipboard and hit “save”
e. Go back to Nicereply integration setup and check the "Use token access" option
f. Paste the Zendesk API token instead of a password
Hit Connect and continue to activate your agents in the next step.
5. Add your user from Zendesk to Nicereply. New users will get an automated email with login instructions from us.
Trigger activation in Zendesk
6. You’re on the good way! The CSAT/CES/NPS trigger is waiting for for activation.
7. You can manage the trigger behaviour in “Trigger settings”. When you’re ready hit the “active trigger” button.
Nicereply will utilise your existing integration with Zendesk and the workflow is follows:
- After CSAT/CES/NPS trigger activation Nicereply will start scanning the status of your tickets on a regular basis
- Nicereply will send the CSAT/CES/NPS survey to the ticket requestor for all tickets created via Email channel, with status Resolved and without ticket update for 48 hours (by default)
3. Nicereply will collect the CSAT/CES/NPS ratings and push it to Zendesk as a note and the custom field value
By default, Zendesk will close your tickets after 96 hours by automation rule. You should know, that closed tickets can't be updated with Nicereply CSAT/CES/NPS rating data. Please make sure that the period for ticket closing is at least 48 hours longer than the period after which Nicereply will send the CSAT/CES/NPS survey.
Don't worry, you will always find all your CSAT/CES/NPS ratings in Nicereply – no ratings will be lost.