Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT) trigger distribution in Help Scout
This article will show you how to start measuring Customer Satisfaction Score (CSAT) via triggers - automated emails after a ticket is resolved - in your Help Scout account.
In this article
NOTE: every step is the article is the same for CSAT, NPS and CES
Connecting Help Scout with Nicereply
1. Choose the CSAT metric in the “left menu” in your Nicereply account. Click on START CSAT. If you do not see the START CSAT button click on CSAT - Surveys - ADD SURVEY
2. From distribution options choose TRIGGER
3. You’re on the app directory page now, click on Help Scout icon
4. In the next step you'll need to Authorize Nicereply to access your account. Simply click Authorize.
5. Then, Add your users from Help Scout to Nicereply by clicking Continue. New users will get an automated email with login instructions from us.
Trigger activation in Help Scout
You’re on the good way! The CSAT trigger is waiting for activation.
6. You can manage the trigger behaviour in “Trigger settings”. When you’re ready hit the “active trigger” button.
11. Now go to your Help Scout account -> Manage -> Apps and search for Nicereply. Then click the Install App button.
12. The last thing you need to do is set up custom ticket field. To do this go your Help Scout account -> Manage -> Mailbox. Choose the Mailbox you want to set up the custom ticket field for and click on Custom fields on the left side of the screen. Then click New Custom field. The name of the field must be Nicereply CSAT. The type must be number.
Then click Save Field.
Nicereply will utilise your existing integration with HelpScout and the workflow is follows:
1. After CSAT trigger activation Nicereply will start scanning the status of your tickets on a regular basis
2. Nicereply will send the CSAT survey to the ticket requestor for all tickets created via Email channel, with status Resolved and without ticket update for 48 hours (by default)
3. Nicereply will collect the CSAT ratings and push it to Help Scout as a note and the custom field value.