Net Promoter Score (NPS) trigger distribution in Help Scout
This article will show you how to start measuring Net Promoter Score (NPS) via triggers - automated emails after a ticket is resolved - in your Help Scout account.
In this article
NOTE: every step is the article is the same for CSAT, NPS and CES
Connecting Help Scout with Nicereply
1. Choose the NPS metric in the “left menu” in your Nicereply account. Click on START NPS. If you do not see the START NPS button click on NPS - Surveys - ADD SURVEY
2. From distribution options choose TRIGGER
3. You’re on the app directory page now, click on Help Scout icon
4. In the next step you'll need to Authorize Nicereply to access your account. Simply click Authorize.
5. Then, Add your users from Help Scout to Nicereply by clicking Continue. New users will get an automated email with login instructions from us.
Trigger activation in Help Scout
You’re on the good way! The NPS trigger is waiting for activation.
11. Now go to your Help Scout account -> Manage -> Apps and search for Nicereply. Then click the Install App button.
12. The last thing you need to do is set up custom ticket field. To do this go your Help Scout account -> Manage -> Mailbox. Choose the Mailbox you want to set up the custom ticket field for and click on Custom fields on the left side of the screen. Then click New Custom field. The name of the field must be Nicereply NPS. The type must be number.
Then click Save Field.
Nicereply will utilise your existing integration with HelpScout and the workflow is follows:
1. After NPS trigger activation Nicereply will start scanning the status of your tickets on a regular basis
2. Nicereply will send the NPS survey to the ticket requestor for all tickets created via Email channel, with status Resolved and without ticket update for 48 hours (by default)
3. Nicereply will collect the NPS ratings and push it to Help Scout as a note and the custom field value.