Customer Effort Score (CES) trigger distribution in Zendesk
This article will show you how to start measuring Customer Effort Score (CES) via triggers - automated emails after a ticket is resolved - in your Zendesk account.
You can either follow the integration video manual or follow the written documentation below the video.
Integration video manual
In this article
NOTE: every step is the article is the same for CSAT, NPS and CES
Connecting Zendesk with Nicereply
1. Choose the CES metric in the “left menu” in your Nicereply account. Click on START CES. If you do not see the START CES button click on CES - Surveys - ADD SURVEY
2. From distribution options choose TRIGGER
3. You’re on the app directory page now, click on Zendesk icon
4. In the next step add your Zendesk URL, (e.g. acme.zendesk.com) and your Zendesk credentials (Email & Token)
To get your Zendesk API token:
a. Go to your Zendesk Admin > API
b. If disabled, enable the "Token Access" option
c. Click on "+ (add new token)" link and use API token description “Nicereply” to create a new token
d. Copy the API token (a long string of mixed chars & numbers) to your clipboard and hit “save”
e. Go back to Nicereply integration and Paste the Zendesk API token
Hit Connect and continue to activate your agents in the next step.
5. Add your users from Zendesk to Nicereply. New users will get an automated email with login instructions from us.
Trigger activation in Zendesk
6. You’re on the good way! The CES trigger is waiting for for activation.
7. You can manage the trigger behaviour in “Trigger settings”. When you’re ready hit the “activation” button.
When you're done editing your trigger settings click SAVE SETTINGS, hit the "activation" button, and activate your trigger to start distributing your surveys.
By default, Zendesk will close your tickets after 96 hours by automation rule. You should know, that closed tickets can't be updated with Nicereply CES. Please make sure that the period for ticket closing is at least 48 hours longer than the period after which Nicereply will send the CES survey.
Don't worry, you will always find all your CES ratings in Nicereply – no ratings will be lost.
Nicereply will utilise your existing integration with Zendesk and the workflow is follows:
- After CES trigger activation Nicereply will start scanning the status of your tickets on a regular basis
- Nicereply will send the CES survey to the ticket requestor for all tickets created via Email channel, with status Resolved and without ticket update for 48 hours (by default)
- Nicereply will collect the CES ratings and push it to Zendesk as a note and the custom field value