CSAT/CES/NPS trigger distribution in Zendesk chat
Besides Nicereply integration with Zendesk support you can now distribute your surveys via trigger in Zendesk chat. When you finish the chat session Nicereply will automatically send the CSAT/CES/NPS survey to the customer via email. First, you need to decide about the customer satisfaction metric you're planning to use. Every step in the article is the same for CSAT, NPS and CES. Manual will show you steps with CSAT example.
You can either follow the integration video manual or follow the written documentation below the video.
Integration video manual
In this article
- Creating API client in Zendesk Chat
- Connecting Zendesk chat with Nicereply
- Trigger activation in Zendesk chat
- Importing Agents
- Workflow and benefits
Creating API client in Zendesk Chat
First, we need to create new API client for Nicereply in your Zendesk Chat account. Go to your account > click on Settings > Account > API and finally Add API Client button.
Now you need to insert Client name and Company name (these two are arbitrary), and Redirect URL.
It is crucial to insert this specific Nicereply redirect URL(otherwise the connection won't work)!!!: https://admin.nicereply.com/integrations/oauth/zendeskChat
When you're done click Create API Client
Now you see your specific Client ID and Client Secret. Leave the window with these two id's open (otherwise you won't be able to access it again!!!) and switch to Nicereply.
Connecting Zendesk chat with Nicereply
1. Choose the customer satisfaction metric in the “left menu” in your Nicereply account, CSAT, NPS or CES. Click on “START CSAT”.
2. From distribution options choose “TRIGGER”.
3. You’re on the app directory page now, click on Zendesk chat icon.
4. In the next step add your Zendesk URL, your Client ID and Client secret you've created in Zendesk chat previously.
Hit Connect and continue.
Then Click Allow.
Trigger activation in Zendesk chat
6. You’re on the good way! The CSAT/CES/NPS trigger is waiting for for activation.
7. You can manage the trigger behaviour in “Trigger settings”. When you’re ready hit the “active trigger” button.
8. Finally, you need to go to your Zendesk chat account > go to settings > widget > Forms. Turn On Pre-chat form, then allow require identity. With this option allowed you will be able to collect customers information and send them surveys via email. Then go to Settings tab and turn off Zendesk pre-defined satisfaction ratings. Don't forget to save changes.
Importing Agents from Zendesk
The last thing you need to do is go to your Nicereply account > Staff > Click import New Users, then Zendesk Chat. Choose agents you want to import and click Continue.
Nicereply will utilise your existing integration with Zendesk chat and the workflow is follows:
1. After CSAT/CES/NPS trigger activation Nicereply will start scanning the status of your chat sessions on a regular basis.
2. Nicereply will send the CSAT/CES/NPS survey to the customer for all chat sessions with customer information (name and email), with status ended and without chat update for 48 hours (by default)
3. Nicereply will collect the CSAT/CES/NPS ratings and store it in your nicereply account.
4. You'll be able to identify feedback in context with the direct link to the rated chat and sync customers name to CSAT/CES/NPS ratings.
5. Finally, you'll be able to customize your CSAT/CES/NPS surveys according to your branding and needs.