Push “New Rating” to Slack via Zapier
Zapier makes it easy to automate tasks between web apps. It’s an integration platform that allows you to connect popular web services together without being a developer.
What's a Zap
A Zap is a connection, or integration, between two apps that automates your workflow. A Zap is made of a "trigger" (ex.: When I receive a new email in Gmail...) and an "action" (ex.: ...send me an SMS message). Zaps run automatically to move and manage data without any work on your part. Only "On" Zaps count against your limit.
How to Push “New Rating” to Slack*
*or another team chat app like HipChat, Flowdock and many more
Why it's great
- get an instant notification about the new ratings -> react fast on bad ratings
- show up your support team to others who don’t have an access to Nicereply -> and motivate each other
- you don’t need to be a developer to connect services together
How to make Make a Zap!
First of all you need to create the account on Zapier. It offers a free plan which is absolutely perfect for our use case. Afterwards get an invite access to Nicereply on Zapier -> Get Access. Let’s go to make a Zap, now:
1. Choose trigger and action
Select Nicereply and Slack from app directory as you can see on the picture below.
- trigger is a “New Rating” in Nicereply
- action is “Send new message” to Slack
2. Select a Nicereply account
3. Select a Slack account
4. Filter Nicereply trigger
It’s an optional step, where you can filter a certain rating value for instance.
5. Matchup Nicereply rating to Slack new message
- specify the Slack channel name
- specify text of the message to send
- specify what username this message will be posted as
- URL to an image to use as the bot icon, e.g: Nicereply logo http://pbs.twimg.com/profile_images/627065207802740736/u1VI1JnM.png
6. Test this Zap
Finally test and save your Zap
You did it, good job! There are plenty of options what you can do with Zapier. Tell us about Zaps you use and we'll share it among other users.